We worked very hard this season to bring you a good selection of pretty and unique gifts under $100! From our in-house graphic sweatshirt collection, to local jewels and fun goodies like our Tofino Towels - we have a little something for all of the ladies in on your list!
Some of these fun items are available in our online store, but if you see something that isn't available we are just an email away! Let us know and we can ship!
- Adorn Collection Graphic Sweatshirts (Local) - $79
- Loren Hope Hand-Painted Glass Earrings - Starting at $44
- Lollia Hand Creme, Bubble Bath and Perfumes - $30 - $62
- Top Knot Style Hand Knit Cowls (Made in Edmonton) - $55
- Coal and Canary Hand Poured Candles (Made in Winnipeg) - $30
- Justine Ma Graphic Prints (Made in Edmonton) - $15
- Olive and Piper Necklace (Vancouver) - $50
- Melanie Auld Moonstone Starburst Necklace and Moonstone Starburst Earrings (Vancouver) - $108 each
- Tofino Towel Co. Round Towels (Tofino) - $98
- Leah Alexandra Pink and Aqua Chalcedony Rings (Vancouver) - $95
By Kayla Pearcey
It's no secret that here at Adorn, we're completely and utterly obsessed with all things feminine and romantic. So, our recent shoot with local photographer Kristyn Harder Photography speaks to exactly that aesthetic.
We got together with Evan Brown from Whiskey Weekend along with her gals from Three Way Clothing one evening to bring a boho bridal party to life. All while dodging summer thunderstorms!
The lovely models were pampered from head to toe (literally) by the talented girls at the Vanity Vault Calgary with hair, makeup, nails AND tans all done. The whole shebang! The gorgeous florals in this shoot were provided by Amborella Floral Studio.
For the outfits, we had the bride (Evan) wear two different For Love and Lemons dresses. Her first option was a midi length white lace dress with a nude bodysuit underneath and low-cut front. This style really gave us the bohemian feel we were looking for in this shoot.
Evan's second look included a sweet feminine off-the-shoulder mini lace dress paired with a loose braid.
For the bridesmaids' outfits, we styled the girls in pretty delicate blush pieces also from For Love and Lemons. The first bridesmaid wore an open lace v-neck blush romper with sweet ruffled sleeves and waistline details.
The second bridesmaid wore a stunning blush dress with peep hole and intimate lace details.
Together these pretty blush and lace outfits equal boho bridal perfection! Don't you agree?! Enjoy some more shots from this romantic shoot below.
This shoot involves a whole lot of local lovely! Captured by Southern Alberta photographer, Sarah Jozsa Photography. We worked together with Claudette Marie Events, Modern Menswear, Simply Me Canmore and Flowers by Janie to create a magical engagement photoshoot session that will be sure to inspire you and your fiancé!
The most important thing is to wear something you feel comfortable in and reflects you both as a couple. In deciding what to wear for your engagement photos, keep these 4 tips in mind:
1. First off, don't be afraid of colour, prints or fun textures! These elements can help make your photos look dynamic and appealing to the eye.
2. Try to choose silhouettes that flatter your figure and photograph well. Dresses that are too billowy can look gorgeous in person, but are not always flattering in photos. Dresses that are fitted at your natural waist are usually the most flattering!
3. Coordinate with your man - We love how the green florals in Ali's romper match Aaron's pants! It's just the right amount of coordination without being too "matchy-matchy".
4. If you are shooting two looks, use your first to represent something you would normally wear (keeping it classic will give you timeless images!) Use your second look as an excuse to dress up (and to buy a new outfit of course!)
Here are some more shots of this oh so pretty shoot to fill your own inspiration board!
We’re always eager to work with local businesses to create beautiful collaborations. Is there a better way to showcase the heart and soul of all the creatives in our city? We don’t think so!
This Aztec Inspired Wedding Shoot with photography by Genevieve Renee, styling by J'Adore Décor and mismatched bridesmaid dresses from Adorn achieves all our wishes and dreams of creating a magically pretty local is lovely partnership.
See the original post on Joy-Wed blog!
From Jennalee + Jamie of J'Adore Décor: It has an out-of-the-box appeal, it's playful, and provides inspiration to brides looking for their wedding theme to stand out. With a focus on an Aztec Wanderlust concept, there is still an underlying tone of modernized romance, without fully crossing over into the "boho" trend.
The inspiration behind the editorial was drawn from nature, the colours of autumn and the ever growing trend of tapestry art. We wanted to keep the concept focused around the bride and her bond with her bridesmaids, as well as keeping the freeing definition of wanderlust in touch with their surroundings. The goal was to keep the environment fun, free and colourful - while incorporating the raw beauty of Mother Nature.
We steered away from ones traditional concept of a wedding, and put a lot of focus on mismatched elements, which is evident in everything from the bridesmaids dresses, to the furniture and decor that is used. The vision for the cocktail setting was to have a guest friendly space that was comfortable and interactive. The Caesar bar was designed to urge the attending guests to DIY their drinks to enjoy in the outdoor furniture lounge.
The idea behind this editorial was to continue our love of providing future brides & grooms new, fun & different concepts for planning their wedding day. We feel this shoot holds true to who we are as event planners and demonstrates that weddings don't always need to be "ordinary".